Transform your business at IQXSCROLL
An innovation, coworking and event space to supercharge your success, powered by The University of Western of Australia and Business Foundations.
Universities and industry are hotbeds of innovation and we’re establishing connections and collaboration between researchers, students and industry to help your small to medium business grow and scale.
At IQX, you’ll have opportunities to work alongside some of the world’s leading researchers and students, and access multi-million dollar facilities and infrastructure. As part of the UWA community, you will also contribute industry insights into research, support teaching and learning.
As an IQX member you will join a community of likeminded business owners, researchers and commercialisation experts to help grow and scale your enterprise.
We offer a flexible working space with designated zones that range from collaborative and social to quiet and private, so you can conduct business and share your collective success.
We have varied, affordable packages to suit your needs, from casual to long-term. Full-time members have 24/7 access to the space.
To stay connected and receive information on upcoming events and offers, subscribe to our newsletter.
Be part of a thriving community of driven, successful business people with purpose.
Creativity and innovation are crucial to business success. At IQX you are at the heart of everything that matters – the biggest discoveries, the newest ideas, the best minds, and the largest network of investors, funders and philanthropists in Western Australia. Become an IQX member and you can access the following support to reach your goals.
Advantages for you
- Explore opportunities to grow your business through collaboration
- Gain access to a pipeline of students and graduates
- Develop mutually beneficial partnerships between industry, researchers and students
- Access facilities and infrastructure on the UWA campus
- Become part of UWA’s dynamic innovation ecosystem
- Receive free mentoring and commercialisation advice with industry experts
- Attend workshops to assist in developing your enterprise
- Super-fast fibre optic broadband (200mbps/200mbps)
- Private meeting rooms
- Multiple breakout spaces
- Unlimited printing and scanning
- End-of-trip facilities so you can walk, run and cycle to work
- Access for people with disabilities
- Architecturally designed premises
- UWA library access, including books, journals and databases.
- Discounted UWA gym membership
- Invitations to free events
- Tenth State Café on site
UWA IQX has your event needs covered, with a beautifully restored heritage art deco building on Broadway, Crawley. Our state-of-the-art spaces suit a range of configurations:
An open-plan space that can be used for conferences, workshops, hackathons, seminars, training, concerts and launches.
- Space for 150 people
- Workshop settings accommodate 12 tables and chairs for 80 people
- 2x2 Video Wall has direct HDMI connection, microphone, speakers and a stage
- Large kitchen is fully equipped with modern appliances
- Tea and coffee packages available
Convocation Board Room
A dual-use room that can be booked separately for meetings or a separate buffet area when the Main Hall is in use. Facilities include:
- Space for 30 people
- Fixed table and chairs
- Video wall with direct HDMI connection
- Tea and coffee packages available
- Local catering options
Meet the team
Zoe Vos – IQX Space Curator
Zoe has spent more than 15 years in event management, music and theatrical production. She has independently produced shows for the Burswood Theatre and has diverse experience in business, finance, human resources and hospitality.
In 2017, Zoe worked for the US startup company Remote Year, managing the logistics, networking and events for a group of 80 digital nomads, who visited a different city each month for a year. During this time Zoe and her nomads worked across 17 coworking spaces on three different continents, which changed her perception of collaboration and small-business development.
She is passionate about innovative technology and its relationship to business, and in her position at UWA IQX she implements her learning from the US on her own home turf.
Phillip Kemp – CEO, Business Foundations
Phillip Kemp is a startup professional, small-business expert, commercialisation consultant, innovator, advisor to governments and public speaker.
He loves working with people who are starting a business, growing their company, creating new products, being innovative, or just trying to do their bit to make the world a better place.
After starting his own agriculture-technology business when he left the science labs at UWA, Phil was selected to be a Churchill Fellow in the year 2000 before going on to study business. He recently finished a master’s research thesis on how business incubators assist startups to grow and develop.
IQX is open for business
Find out what makes us different from other coworking spaces.
We're located within the Nedlands Park Masonic Hall buildingNedlands Park Masonic Hall Building
8 Broadway, Crawley
Western Australia 6009