The UWA Innovation Quarter (UWA IQ) strives to foster enterprise, industry engagement and entrepreneurship for UWA researchers, student and staff.
What we do
UWA IQ is one part of a dynamic UWA innovation ecosystem. We’re passionate about empowering UWA change-makers to create positive social and economic impact through enterprise. Through our work we aspire to:
- Support the development of skills in innovation, entrepreneurship, and creative thinking
- Champion and facilitate industry engagement to enhance education and research impact
- Activate new physical and digital spaces where networking and collaboration can take place
- Celebrate UWA innovators and share their stories
- Promote a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship
- Develop, deliver and evaluate a range of new initiatives to stimulate innovation, known as 'IQ prototypes'.
Got a bright idea for a new initiative to fuel innovation and enterprise at UWA? It could be our next IQ prototype. Submit your ideas, comments, and feedback via email to UWAIQ@uwa.edu.au.
We believe that innovation is more than just a set of skills. It's a culture that backs good ideas, takes risks, learns from mistakes, and celebrates success.
We know that hard to solve industry problems don't respect disciplinary boundaries. That's why we take a whole-of-university approach, with teams working across STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) and HASS (Humanities and Social Sciences).
We recognise that game-changing ideas happen when people with different backgrounds, perspectives and expertise come together. Our community is diverse and inclusive.
We employ a rigorous, evidence-based approach to designing real-world products, processes, services and technologies because effective solutions are based on a deep understanding of the problems faced by industry and communities.
We aspire to elevate debate and discussion around innovation. No buzzwords. No jargon.
We understand that our success is not based on the achievements of individuals, but in building strong teams who can make good ideas happen. Because innovation is not the sole responsibility of a chosen few, but every single person within our organisation.